Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Morning

So I had a eventful morning this morning. They NICU is very full and they ran out of sleep rooms so I had to crash in my clothes in a chair next to Eli last night. Not a easy environment with computers constantly beeping/alarms going off and my son crying because it is time to eat. I don't think I am going to swing to much of the sympathy vote from Eli so I won't. I awoke to 4 nurses and 1 Dr in the room around 6:20am trying to get another blood sample from Eli. They had a EKG machine in the room and everyone looked a tad concerned. Not a good thing to wake up to. So my questions started like they do everyday, What is going on? What is his potassium level/salt level? The Dr. let me know that his initial lab work done this morning came back pretty bad and they were concerned that his heart having a side effect. I became very alert by this time. They were re-drawing his blood to get a better sample to see if the results were off from the previous one. So that's where I am at now, blogging in the room next to Eli and waiting the result of his test.
Ilde and I hope and pray that his labs come back normal. Not too many more drugs they can give this little guy. I will let you all know the result as soon as I get it.

jim

No comments: