Thursday, November 27, 2008


We didn't know what life today would be like when we first rushed Eli to Children's Hospital a little over 8 weeks ago. What we did know, at the time, scared and overwhelmed us and shook our core. But little by little Jim and I learned to let go of our fears and lean less on our own understanding and lean more on our faith in Christ.
Elijah means "whose God is Jehova". I didn't understand why he was meant to have that name until now and even still the message seems to be more poignant than ever. God is Lord- He is
Lord over the earth and the heavens and everything in it! Why should I fear? Even as a little child I have sang "Jesus loves me, when I am weak He is strong!"
I want to encourage you on this most thankful of days- no matter where you are or what you feel weak about right now, God's grace is sufficient for you!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10, ”but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.”
We are thankful for you!
The Cooks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While Eli's heath problems I am sure are no picnic. God has in the midst of it all given you a beautiful perspective on life. I am sure he has been forging your character in ways you could not imagine. Eli is a lucky boy to have parents like you.